Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thank you my friends




My dear friends,

Thank you for leaving comments in my blog. I am very happy to find that my story inspired you. I am also  very happy to receive blessings from you.

It is not that I am not happy to have inherited Ruth Ford’s estate. How could I not be happy? I am much, much obliged towards her for what she did for me before living this world. Without her thoughtfulness, without her kindness towards me, I would not be what I am today. I was just trying to say that I am NOT changed by the wealth I inherited. That I will try my best to remain “unchanged” by the wealth. I will keep on being what I used to be.

I recently read in a web magazine that wrote: “He admitted that suddenly being in the spotlight went straight to his head.” The source of the article was my blog. Nothing went straight or sideways to my head. I was just trying to say that I was overwhelmed by media attention I was getting which was making my head reel, which was making me see stars, as when one gets hit in his head by something hard.  And who would not be, especially when one is like me. I came from small village in Nepal, partially educated, shy by nature. If I was some movie star or some politician who is used to being questioned in front of cameras that would be a different story.

Maybe my English might have caused the misunderstanding but that was what I was trying to say.  But when I read your responses, which I received in my email, I thought well, not everybody misunderstood my intentions. Not everybody took what I wrote in my blog in a different way than what I intended to impart.

I thank you for that. I am inspired by your stories too. Some of you are going through very hard times. I am sorry for that. But trust me, only way out of hard times is to do what you have at hand with honesty, diligent, and care. We all go through thick and thin. To not to be too happy in good times or too sad in bad times is the name of the game.  

Namaste and best regards


1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your blog. 10 more posts and i will have finished reading your entire blog. I am not late to your story, but I did not know all the details until today. I must say I think you earned it. You were pretty much family to Ruth and Charles, and you inherited it.

    As for some of the media claims....

    "I recently read in a web magazine that wrote: “He admitted that suddenly being in the spotlight went straight to his head.” The source of the article was my blog. Nothing went straight or sideways to my head."

    The media does this all the time to all sorts of people. They do it on purpose. They like to spice things up. They create false stories to get attention. You have clarified, now just ignore.

    ReplyDelete