Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thank you Mr. Koirala.


I am so aloof from politics. Any politics. Especially the politics of Nepal for that matter. People know me know that I never talk about politics.

I never make any comments; neither for nor against any political party. To tell you the truth, I really don’t know what comments to make. I don’t follow politics at all.
When Janasamparka Tayari Samiti, USA hosted a program to honor  me, I was nothing but surprised. Later when I found out that the current Acting President, Nepal Congress Party, Mr. Sushil Koirala was the chief guest of the program I was nothing but dumbfounded.

Me? Why?

Not that I never met Mr. Koirala before but in a program especially to honor me? Honestly I was little embarrassed. Maybe ‘embarrassed’ is a bit too hard a word but, you know, I did not feel comfortable about it.

All this misgivings that was haunting me before the program vanished in the thin air later on though. I felt proud of myself that I was in the program. I felt important and humbled at the same time.

I have met Mr. Koirala several times in New York. I have attended in all the programs hosted locally to honor Mr. Koirala in the past. I have always found him very polite, sincere and understanding. But I saw another aspect of Mr. Koirala that day.

He could infuse others with self-importance, confidence and self-assurance. I am so thankful for him for making me feel so important in that program. I felt I am not just another person down the block but I have something in me that is more important than I ever thought before.


Thank you Mr. Koirala.

Then again, I could not help but ponder, was it another of the loop in chain of luck that I am experiencing lately? Was the ‘luck lurking’ phenomenon in action that day as well? Whatever it was, faith is: Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it as Buddha says.


1 comment:

  1. Well, you are the richest Nepali in NYC, and you earned your way to that place. I guess that has to be recognized.

    ReplyDelete